Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby Food Diary 1.






My baby is 6 months now.
I started giving him solid food about 2 weeks ago.
So far so good. Feeding solid food can be so messy, but
it's so much more fun than just breastfeeding!

The very first solid food I introduced to my baby was porridge.
While most moms in the U.S. feed their babies rice cereal,
I wanted to follow my culture. People in Japan feed okayu,
which is extra soft, soupy rice, hence porridge.
It's basically the same idea as rice cereal, and it would have been
much easier to just give rice cereal. But since we have a rice cooker
at home, the process of making porridge wasn't bad at all.
Even if you don't have a rice cooker at home, it's just so easy
to make porridge. You cook rice with plenty of water in the pot with
low heat. Keep the cover on. Rice sucks so much water so make
sure keep adding water not to let it burned. How do you know
when it's done? Just taste it and if the texture is like oat meal,
then it's done.  I also highly recommend you make plenty of it, separate
into small servings, and then freeze them.  It becomes quite handy because
rice pretty much goes with anything so you can mix it with carrots, peas,
spinach, etc...  


Baby's reaction:

First he made face as if to say "what the heck are you putting in
my mouth??"
But soon, he got used to it and was wanting more and more.
He is officially a rice-eater now, obviously inherited from his mama.









No comments:

Post a Comment