Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby Food Diary 11.


I am so behind with posting this blog already. Ugh.
I've been introducing lots of good foods to my baby, but I had not had a chance to update this blog.  But I am surprised that this is the 11th posting and it's still lasting.  Yay!

So after kabocha (squash), it's zucchini, which is also called squash.  I simply picked zucchini this time because I went to the farmer's market near me, and the zucchini there looked so delicious.  The sign also said "Pesticide Free" so I bough a whole bunch, and I made dinner for my baby, and the rest for our dinner.  Great, that's our life now.  We parents get to have some left over from our baby's dinner.

I found out zucchini(summer squash) is less nutritious than the winter squash, but that's okay.  I just wanted to get going with introducing new foods to my baby, and zucchini doesn't have acquired taste so I figured my baby would eat it with no problem.  If you must know, it is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Potassium, etc...

 How I prepped the zucchini was so simple.  I sliced them like the picture, maybe a quarter inch thick, and boiled them until soft.  That's it.  I didn't even peel the skin.  At this stage, I no longer try to puree the food too much.  Now that my baby has two teeth, he has to get used to chewing food.  It's not like zucchini's skin is touch anyway.  I added a little bit of olive oil though, just because I like cooking with olive oil.  My baby has to get used to my cooking style, right?  

So after boiling them down, I mashed it with a spoon and mixed it with oatmeal and spinach.

My baby's reaction:

He said he really liked the hint of olive oil and zucchini goes well with oatmeal.  Well, of course he didn't say that, and he seemed indifferent with how the zucchini tasted.  But what's important is that now he can say "Hey, I have tried zucchini!"  Not that he can say that just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment